Learn how to install Bettercap the Swiss Army knife for WiFi, Bluetooth Low Energy, wireless HID hijacking and IPv4 and IPv6 networks reconnaissance.
The Swiss Army knife for WiFi, Bluetooth Low Energy, wireless HID hijacking and IPv4 and IPv6 networks reconnaissance and MITM attacks.
Read the project introduction to get an idea of what bettercap can do for you, install it, RTFM and start hacking all the things!!!bettercap.org
- WiFi networks scanning, deauthentication attack, clientless PMKID association attack and automatic WPA/WPA2 client handshakes capture.
- Bluetooth Low Energy devices scanning, characteristics enumeration, reading and writing.
- 2.4Ghz wireless devices scanning and MouseJacking attacks with over-the-air HID frames injection (with DuckyScript support).
- Passive and active IP network hosts probing and recon.
- ARP, DNS, DHCPv6 and NDP spoofers for MITM attacks on IPv4 and IPv6 based networks.
- A powerful network sniffer for credentials harvesting which can also be used as a network protocol fuzzer.
- A very fast port scanner.
- A powerful REST API with support for asynchronous events notification on websocket to orchestrate your attacks easily.
- An easy to use web user interface.
How to install Bettercap
First we will install BetterCAP from github and after that all necessary dependencies.
- libusb-1.0-0-dev (required by the HID module)
- libnetfilter-queue-dev (on Linux only, required by the packet.proxy module)
Compile from Source
go get github.com/bettercap/bettercap
sudo make install
Install Bettercap from Repo
sudo apt update sudo apt install golang git build-essential libpcap-dev libusb-1.0-0-dev libnetfilter-queue-dev
go get -u github.com/bettercap/bettercap
Use Bettercap with Docker
BetterCAP is containerized using Alpine Linux – a security-oriented, lightweight Linux distribution based on musl libc and busybox.
The resulting Docker image is relatively small and easy to manage the dependencies.
Since it is using a multi-stage build, a Docker version greater than 17.05 is required.
To pull latest stable version of the image:
docker pull bettercap/bettercap
To pull latest source code build of the image:
docker pull bettercap/dev
docker run -it --privileged --net=host bettercap/bettercap -h